JOIN : THE COUNCIL FOR EXCEPTION CHILDREN (CEC)
Becoming a Member of CEC
Professional development you can trust:
- Discounts on Boorks and CEC Products as well as CEC's Auuna Convention an Expo,
- Selection of free, member-only pre-recorded and live webinars through the CEC Learning Library
- Evidence based professional development opportunies from leadng experts in the field.
- Access to CEC's award-winning journals, TEACHING Exceptional Children and Exceptional Children
Support from connections, peers, and community:
- Access to our exclusive CEC Community All Member Forum
- Complimentary, automatic membership in your local CEC Unit
- Option to join Special Interest Divisions (additional investment required)
Protection for your practice and your profession:
- Regular policy updates and access to advocacy opportunities
Pre-service undergraduate or graduate (including doctoral)* students who have not yet held any position as a professional in special education. Members in this category may be full or part time students.
Special or general education professionals with more than three years of professional experience and interested parties. All are welcome — classroom, itinerant, resource teachers, support personnel, researchers, faculty; administrators, family members, and others.
Family/Parent Affiliate Member
Individuals who are interested in special education but are not employed (including as consultants) in any field of education and/or special education. Affiliates may serve on or be appointed to committees, but they may not vote or petition any CEC governing body.
Click to edit text. What do visitors to your website need to know about you and your business?
Family, Parent, Affiliate
All current graduate students (including doctoral)* who are returning for an additional degree after or while concurrently holding a professional position in special education. Members in this category may be full or part time students.
Individuals employed to provide instructional or related support to students and their families under the direction and supervision of a certified special education teacher.
Join CEC with a group membership and enjoy discounted rates. Whether you’re a student, early in your career, or an established professional, there’s a place for you and your group at CEC. CEC offers Group Memberships for:
- Student Groups
- Group Membership and Professional Development
- University College Course
Early Career Members
Special or general education professionals with three or fewer years of professional experience. All new professionals are welcome — classroom, itinerant, resource teachers, support personnel, researchers, faculty members, administrators, and others.
Special education and education professionals who have retired from the field and no longer hold a professional position – employee, consultant, or otherwise - in education or special education.